Civil Engineering Project Engineer
Burkett Engineering has been providing civil engineering feasibility studies, engineering and permitting, and construction management services to private development clients in Florida for over 25 years. Burkett Engineering seeks a detail-oriented, self-starter to join our staff as a Civil Engineering Project Engineer. In this role you will perform civil site engineering on various private development project types.
Typical duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Performs preliminary engineering design and/or reviews the design and drafting work of designers.
- Prepares project schedules.
- Prepares or oversees the preparation of final plans and reports and submits them for approval.
- Conducts or oversees personnel involved in engineering investigations and planning work.
- Coordinates work with other engineers and professionals within and outside own discipline, and with support services staff.
- Plans, schedules, and conducts or coordinates construction administration services.
- Assists in the management of projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Florida P.E.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in land development projects
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D preferred
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written, including technical writing)
- Analytical ability; proactive attitude; ability to innovate and improvise
Burkett Engineering, Inc. offers its employees a benefits package that includes a competitive salary, health insurance, paid time-off, flexible work schedule, 401(k), and professional development opportunities. Burkett Engineering, Inc. is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer.