Burkett Engineering has been providing civil engineering feasibility studies, engineering and permitting, and construction management services to private development clients in Florida for over 25 years. Burkett Engineering seeks a detail-oriented, self-starter to join our staff as a Civil Engineering Project Engineer/Project Manager. In this role you will perform civil site engineering on various project types, mostly for private development.
Typical duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Performs preliminary engineering design and/or review the design and CAD work of designers.
- Prepare project schedules.
- Prepare or oversee the preparation of final plans and reports and submits them for approval.
- Conduct or oversee personnel involved in engineering investigations and planning.
- Coordinates work with other engineers and design professionals within and outside our office, and with support services staff.
- Plan, schedule, and conduct or coordinate construction administration services.
- Project Management.
- Manage engineering support staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering – PE or eligible within a year
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D – preferred
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written, including technical writing)
- Analytical ability; proactive attitude; ability to innovate and improvise
Burkett Engineering, Inc. offers its employees a benefits package that includes a competitive salary, health insurance, paid time-off, flexible work schedule, 401(k), and professional development opportunities. Burkett Engineering, Inc. is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer.